- Facilitate a confidential way for patients to supply valuable information to researchers about their course of disease that may lead to more effective treatments and care for people living with MS, while reducing the time and cost of conducting studies.
- Provide a worldwide research resource for people living with multiple sclerosis so they can provide information about themselves and their course of disease.
- Develop new collaborations between researchers, patients, and healthcare providers to:
- Increase knowledge of effective treatments, the amount of peer reviewed publications, and the quality of healthcare services
- Raise awareness of MS
- Promote greater understanding about MS
- Develop a computerized database representing at least 10% of the MS population in the US and track changes over time with semi-annual update surveys.